Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Upside Down

Though failures flipped me a hundred times, I still managed to wear my genuine smile. Life could be so unfair but we have to deal with it to live and survive.

I wrote this one when I was in my second year in college to comply for a requirement in one of our subject. I really don't know why did my body hormones produced emotional ones. I didn't intend to write like this especially I am so not in touched with my father. We really are not close. I mean sometimes I disrespect him and don't even follow what he tells me to do so. He was just tpo kind and his patience could be like infinity. I am sorry. Yes! I really am sorry for disobeying him sometimes. I have reasons but I know its not excused. So yeah! The writing I am going to share with you will not only talk about my family but also about me different failures. 

Every one experiences failures and downs. It is inevitable and unpredictable. We really don't know when those tragedies might come and how depth would be its effect on us. But for as long us we have faith in Him (Allah), I know those trials are just like the smoke a fire produced. You might get choke and cough inhaling it but with just a blow of air, that smoke will disappear. Things happen for a reason and it might be good or bad but let us try to absorb fully what the reason behind it. 

So here it goes,

UPSIDE DOWN
By:
Raqisah L. Alimona

“It’s like you can change up, right, you can say your somebody new, and you can give yourself a whole new story. But, what came first is who you really are and what happened before is what really happened. It doesn’t matter that some fool say you are different because the things that make you different is what you really do, what u really go through.” – D. Barksdale

“Upside down” is one of a longish list of English expressions that refer to things being inverted or in disorder – “topsy-turvy”, “head over heels” as I read in a particular site. “Upside down” can be easily related to our life. Every second, minute, hour that we breathe in the world reflects different changes. Everything around us is changing.   Our life is dynamic. Life also is the creative edge of reality which we can’t easily accept. We can’t predict what and how our life will be in the future. We can’t easily say that if we are on the top today we are still there until the end. Sometimes God need to let us go down in order to learn something in life. Knowledge about life that will make us stronger and will let us be hard enough to face every challenges in life. But what is great about living is the joy it gives to each one of us that we should keep.
On the 3Oth day of September, 1992, a naughty child was born. Everybody was very happy. They were excited to see this baby grow and fulfill all her dreams in life. I am this baby. As I grow older, I have learned so many things in my 18 years of existence. Life is full of happiness. Achievements in school could bring joy to our parents not only to ourselves. The most memorable thing in my life that I can’t forget was the first time I received an award in school. My mom told me that she was very proud to go to the stage together with me receiving the medal. As my journey in learning continues, different opportunities came. I was dreaming before to study at MSU-IIT Integrated Developmental School but unfortunately I was not able to pass the exam. I told myself that as I strive to achieve my dreams, I can count on there being some setbacks and disappointments. I should not be discourage if I didn’t passed there because the road to my dreams may not be an easy one and these challenges are just a test of persistence and courage that life throws at me.  I’ve decided to take the Special Science Curriculum Program in Iligan City National High School and I passed. I became a scholar for four years in high school granted by the Rotary Club of Iligan South. I was very lucky to receive money from them every year. At college level, I chose Accountancy as my first course but in the second year my parents discourage me to continue because it will take five years to take up this course and obviously it is very difficult. They convinced me to take Education and as I child of my parents, I followed their decision. And I considered it again another failure.  I was not able to get what I want. I know that we should set goals and make plan to achieve what we want. But how can we do it if we were forced to take it. It is like the saying, “a goal that is never written down is nothing but a New Year’s Resolution” – and we all know what happens to New Year’s Resolution. How many of us had parents who have – in not-so-subtle-ways – influenced us to take careers that were not in-line with our dreams? Be honest now, did you pick your current career because you’re passionate about the work or were you trying to make your parents proud? Honestly I don’t like my course before and I really hate education. And I can say that life sometimes brings you to places that you’ve never imagined or you don’t like. But, I am now learning to love where I am. I already accepted whole-heartedly the passion of teaching. I know that someday I will become a good and competent teacher that will make every child knowledgeable. Our minds sometimes change due to some influences and encouragement that people surrounds you let you realize it. 
Friendship makes our life colorful. The presence of our loved ones especially our friends make a very significant part in our life even you shared very simple things because these can be extraordinary. When you think of the times where you laughed the most or had the most fun – it was when you were doing simple things.
The greatest pain I have was the failure of my dad. He ran as a councilor in our municipality. It was his last term when he failed to win the election. Frankly speaking, election in Muslim area is through money. I admit that my father did that thing. And when he was lost in the election, we have so many problems, financially. We were so down at that time. I was hurt because I knew what my father felt that time. Having failures in life could make your world flipped upside down. I don’t know if D. Barksdale is a popular person but he said that, “It’s like you can change up, right, you can say your somebody new, and you can give yourself a whole new story. But, what came first is who you really are and what happened before is what really happened. It doesn’t matter that some fool say you are different because the things that make you different is what you really do, what u really go through.” I remembered my father when I read this. My father didn’t give up on his political career. He didn’t care if people will say that “he lost in last election and now he will run again?” He still continued to run as a councilor for the second time starting a new term. And now he was able to complete his 3 terms in councilor and I know that my father was able to finish it because he was a good leader. 

No comments :

Post a Comment